Sunday 4 November 2007

On Love

So many relationships go by and reach a point when one or both parties turn around and say “I don’t love him/her like I used too”, “I don’t love you anymore”. Heartbreak for most, pain, and most of us have either experienced this sort of “pain” or know someone who has.

The conversation of topic for today will be on “LOVE”.

We have been raised in a society where we are taught that love is to some extend material. Love is Hollywood. Love is going to the Grand Canyon, Eifel Tower or sitting by Hollywood staring into each others eyes and saying those magical three words “I Love You”.

If you believe the above then I would recommend you don’t read the rest of the blog as I am about to shatter your dreams.

Definition of Love – To accept the way one is and the way one is not.

That’s it. Love is merely acceptance. Accept the way a person is and the way they are not. On the journey of enlightenment this is the ultimate realisation. After the stripping down of self and realising what has made you the way you are, there is a place which I find sometimes very hard to translate into words. Ultimate Bliss.

Total love for everyone around you, your family, your parents, your colleagues, trees, birds, life, the Universe.

“I don’t love you anymore”, simply means you do not love yourself. All things start from self first. You want people to respect you for example, hey start respecting yourself. You want people to love you, then hey guess what, start loving yourself.

Sure, your probably now thinking, how can I when I have been through so much in my life. How can you say this when you do not know my situation?

This is true, I probably do not know your situation, however I do not necessarily need to know. All the emotions and feelings you have experienced, guess what I have also experienced at some point in my life. I have been through the hardship and pain also. This is now in the past.

Get over it and stop dwelling on it. To hold regret, anger merely is holding you back from the love you can give to the world.

Many people go through life with the emotions of hate, anger, depression and feel that by them thinking like this it is a bad thing and they must stop the thought immediately. What wrong with this method? As you are looking to stop the thought, the thought simply gets suppressed until one day it explodes into an almighty rage.

Do not suppress you thoughts. Instead, watch them, observe them. Become a watcher to your thought, and go deep into self and see where that thought or emotion stems from. Only then once you have rooted the problem can you then control it flow and let it pass by just like the wind breezes your face without your reasoning or questioning.

Remember when you were a baby?

I do not, however that is beside the point. Do you not find that when you look at a baby who is smiling, it naturally makes you smile. When it laughs you also laugh. You see babies are not yet moulded into what society expects of them. Their love is given freely to all. A baby is pure, whole, and complete.

Give love freely. When you give a gift to someone, give it without looking or seeking for the acknowledgement and thank you in return. Give it freely.

Your parents?

So many people come to me on 1-1’s and tell me the problems they have with the father or mother. They complain that they do not like their father because he is weird or that their mother constantly complain. You have all heard the saying that when you point the finger, the thumb and the other fingers points straight back to you (covered in future articles).

Your parents are the way they are, your friends are the way they are, if there were not they would not be your parents or friends. Accept them for the way they are and this is final. Only then can you allow love to flow through you.

Go and do this now. Look at yourself in the mirror and say “I LOVE ME”. No judgement or comparison. Do not love ME with ego flowing being fat, healthy, muscular, bald, beautiful eyes. Just “I LOVE ME”. No judgment, no comparison. Take a deep breathe and GIVE IT A GO NOW.

Begin your process of love now. It happens slowly but surely, and once you are there you will see why I keep drilling this into you.

Remember it starts with SELF. Love self, and then the love to others will come with ease.

Peace&Love,



Consigno

No comments: