Tuesday 23 October 2007

1st Blog Post 23/10/2007

Good Morning, Good Evening, Good Afternoon,

This is my first post and by no means my last. I have been inspired and introduced to the blog idea by a good friend.

Given my current 50 hour working weeks it is now 11pm and I am going to keep this brief as I have to be up at 6am .

Some of the topics of conversation which I expect to cover in the coming months:

Getting what you want.
Focus and EnergyAvoid DistractionWin Win beat the game
on commtimenton positivityon the presenton balanceon relationshipson being yourselfWho am I?Never be perfectOn LoveOn AcceptanceOn Judgement (comparing)On ExerciseOn being the best On IntegrityOn Recycling (power of 10 video)ON Life (heartbeat)On Silence

About today in brief, observations which may bring you closer to understanding.

There is this guy at work and for anonymity purposes lets call him Mr M. Mr M has been in the UK for about 5 years and is now looking to go back to his country as he has had enough of this life and he wants to party and just relax by the beach.

A fantastic person, a beautiful soul, however has a tendency to come into work with a negative attitude; “oh, this does not work, this is CRA*, everyone has a problem, I can’t be bothered….” You get the idea.

Mr M had a problem with his bed in his current apartment and was complaining to me that this country is cra* and nothing works and that for 3 weeks he is trying to get his problem solved and his landlord is doing nothing about it. I saw this as good opportunity to open his eyes and reframed the situation to make his landlord not returning his calls due to a number of factors which he does not know and he must separate the emotion from the situation if he wants a result out of it. He told me that his result was to get a new bed in the house and we went through the steps and the state he must be in to do this. The whole process took no more than 5-7 minutes in a working setting.

To cut the long story short, he came into work with a great attitude and ready to have a great day. He told me that his landlord agreed that the bed needed changing, gave him the money on the spot, apologised and told him to get a bed asap.

There I thought Mr M may have opened up to new possibilities until come the end of the day over a small situation his comments went along the lines of “if no one cares, why should I”. This very mentality has caused many of the issues we have in this world. This separation has caused in us forgetting who we are and that we are all connected to one another whether we like it or not.

This will be raised in future talks and blogs which I am to provide.

If you leave anything behind, do not leave your positive attitude as this is what inspires others to learn from you.

Rise above your feelings.

Goodnight, 23:00 GMT

Consigno.

1 comment:

Consigno said...

Blog posts that will be posted in the very near future:

Getting what you want.

Focus and Energy

Avoid Distraction

Win Win beat the game

on commitment

on positivity

on the present

on balance

on relationships

on being yourself

Who am I?

Never be perfect

On Love

On Acceptance

On Judgement (comparing)

On Exercise

On being the best

On Integrity

On Recycling (power of 10 video)

ON Life (heartbeat)

On Silence